Solarmer Energy is seeking a full-time Coating Engineer . The qualified candidate is responsible for roll-to-roll thin-film coating to fabricate flexible organic solar cells.
Job responsibilities include:
- Plan, execute and document experiments under supervision of Project Manager to reach given project objectives.
- Operate and maintain the coating line. On-site troubleshooting for coating equipment is highly desired. The ability to design, fabricate and install components to modify the line is also desired.
- Develop coating processes to continuously improve device efficiency and reduce manufacturing cost.
- Working with device engineers to incorporate new solar cell architectures into manufacturing friendly processes.
- Collect, analyze and plot data in a proper format on a daily basis. Maintain laboratory notebooks and logs in accordance with company policy and legal requirements.
- Prepare technical reports and present progress as determined by Project Manager.
- General maintenance of laboratory and electronics equipment and monitor supplies and inventory.
- BS degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline. MS degree will be considered as well.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in roll-to-roll wet coating is required. Slot-die coating experience is preferred. Experience with roll-to-roll vacuum deposition is a big plus.
- Knowledge in organic electronic materials and device is desired.
- Applicants should be innovative, self-motivated and result oriented, have good analytical and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and interact effectively with colleagues.